Wednesday, February 6, 2013

How To Diet And Lose Weight Without Feeling Hungry All Of The Time

The toughest part of going on a diet for me used to mean feeling hungry all of the time. I was forty pounds overweight for the past 13 years, and just this spring, I decided to change my life for the better by losing the weight.

When I first started dieting, I reverted back to my old habits of not eating enough. I would have breakfast, and lunch, and pretty much skip dinner. This left me feeling weak and tired all of the time. I also found myself experiencing one weight plateau after the other. After a visit to my local bookstore, I realized that in order to start losing weight and keeping it off, I had to eat several smaller meals throughout the day.

The secret to weight loss is to burn more calories than you take into your body. I discovered that by having a diet composed of foods that were both low in calories and in fat, I was able to feel more energized, and I was able to do cardio workouts for longer periods of time.

You have to eat throughout the day, and always eat at the first sign of hunger. Examples of foods that are low in both calories and fat include: whole grain cereals, fresh fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins like chicken and tofu. Foods to avoid when you are working towards weight loss include any processed foods, junk foods, fast food, refined sugar, and white flour.

I am a snacker, and I enjoy coming up with new snack ideas. One of my favorite snacks is to make homemade berry smoothies with protein powder to stave off hunger. I also like to go with fresh fruit and cereal. My diet does not include watching carbohydrates because I need the energy to workout most every day. It is important to choose the right carbohydrates too when you are on a weight loss plan.

Healthy carbohydrates like brown rice, cereals, nuts and seeds are excellent energy boosters, and they are high in nutrition. You don't want to reach for a bag of potato chips, cookies, or cookies that are high in fats and sugar. This will cause you to crave more sugar and junk food. Even fast food tends to make you want more, and it is loaded with fat and calories. Stay with the healthy snacks and eat when you are hungry. This is the best way to avoid sabotaging your diet.

Learn my secrets for permanent weight loss with my complete Diet Solution Program Review that can accelerate your weight loss goals.
Claim Your "Must Have" Starter Kit to Permanent Weight Loss & Vibrant Health A 7 Day E-Course: Free Weight Loss Starter Kit
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Carmen_T._Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment