Thursday, January 31, 2013

2 Easy Ways to Burn More Calories on Your Daily Walk and Speed Up Weight Loss

Walking For Fitness
Over the years I've met hundreds of happy well-meaning people who tell me their daily walk is their only form of exercise.
They tell me they are walking to lose weight and get in shape. I admire them and give them credit. I consider them all as good friends.

As an avid power walker and hiker, I've watched some of these same people for years, seeing many on a daily basis. But, I often ask myself, "If they're walking to lose weight, why are they still the same size? Why are their bodies still the same after years of dedicated daily walks?" Hmmm...Think about that for a moment.
First, I give them credit. I give anyone credit for any form of daily exercise.

As someone who averages 2,000 miles a year walking and hiking, here are a couple of ways I've found to increase calorie burn and walking fitness.

Consider that there are right ways and wrong ways to get our daily exercise. For myself and millions of others, we can't run because of a bad knee(s). Our alternative is a daily power walk or hike. So what can we do to burn more calories and enjoy physical exercise on our daily walks?
Here are two simple ways to rev yourself up on a daily walk:
  • Change your walking technique as follows. Think about driving your car down the highway. When driving, you have your foot on the accelerator. The car engine is burning gas. When you take your foot off the accelerator, you are coasting, and burning much less gas. So, when walking, always be pushing yourself forward on every step. PUSH (accelerate) yourself forward on every step. If you're not pushing, you're coasting, and burning fewer calories. This might seem simplistic, but believe me, it works. You'll notice a firming of your thigh and leg muscles and a thinning of your tummy after a short time. Remember, always be accelerating yourself, never coast. PUSH yourself. 
  • Another remarkably effective way to burn more calories while walking is simply to listen to upbeat music on your walk. Get yourself a small radio or iPod, an earphone, and a plastic baggy. When I listen to music on my daily hikes, I walk faster, feel better, and thoroughly enjoy myself more. The plastic baggy...? Put your radio in the plastic baggy when it rains.
Yes, walking is a universally popular way to get our daily exercise and stay in shape. Just remember, PUSH yourself while walking and enjoy the music as you pass by nature's wonders.
Besides listening to music on your daily walk, here's another proven method that I've used for years to burn more calories. The most effective weight loss aid I've ever used is the very popular weighted training vest. This is truly a miracle worker, for men and women, when it comes to burning more calories in your daily walks and exercise activities. There are so many benefits of weighted vests it would require another article to list them all. For more information on this proven weight loss aid and calorie burning superstar visit: http://WeightedTrainingVestGuide.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mike_Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment